Lori’s Quilt

My weekend of sewing consisted of finishing the prep work on the applique for Lori’s Quilt…..

……I decided to cut the holes on the apple cores and place a piece of fabric under the holes…..instead of making the seeds……

As you can see after looking at these pictures it didn’t turn out very good, I wish I would have thought that the color was going to show through as much as it does….had I have known,  I would have cut two pieces of the apple core fabric to hide the darker fabrics  from showing through…….I guess I was hoping that it’s was not going to be to noticeable…..ugh…..but as you can see from these pictures it is very noticeable……Now I have to think about what I’m going to do…… I think it’s going to be a little difficult to correct the problem now….But, by not correcting it I’ll regret it down the road……(heavy sigh)  …….well anyways, I did try a new technique that I’ve never done before……

…….I placed a coffee filter under the fabric to stabilize it before machine appliqueing it to the fabric…….it worked really well and the coffee filter is fairly easy to take off…….not to mention cheap…….well I’m off to decide what to do about the fabric showing through…I’m not to sure that I can live with it looking like this…….until next time………

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under family, Quilts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s